The listings package documentation was not useful for me.
… is a possibility, but not a beautiful one (eg. marking text will show the text). Jo has found the command I couldn’t get from the documentation.
Tags: LaTeX, listings, lstset, source code, comment, hide, invisible, remove
Thanks to Jo
Hübsches Dandling Else in der Software zur Erstellung unserer Hausübung 🙂
echo "Keine Benutzer eingetragen!";
echo $number." Benutzer eingetragen n";
echo " wähle Benutzername: ";
Wenn jemand ein Abkürzungsverzeichnis für LaTeX sucht, stößt er unweigerlich auf das Paket acronym. Allerdings kann acronym per default nicht mit Umlauten umgehen. Diese werde kryptisch dargestellt und der Kompiler wirft zahlreiche Fehler. Die folgenden Anweisungen unterstützen den Umgang mit deutschen Zeichen (bitte verwendet UTF-8! –
If you are searching for an LaTeX package handling acronyms, the acronym package will do the job for you. But only as long as you don’t use german umlauts. They will be displayed as cryptic characters and will throw several errors. The commands above will help you with this. Please prefer to use UTF-8 as inputencoding to avoid any conflicts (
My roomate just got (another) MikTeX error.
Package inputenc Error: Keyboard character used is undefined
Package utf8x Error: MalformedUTF-8sequence
Package ucs Error: Unknown Unicode character 65533 = U+FFFD,
This error was caused due to wrong saving of the TeX file (even though he didn’t changed any settings), which compiled some minutes before. The PDF will be generated, but all umlauts or non-ASCII characters will be replaced with something like U+XXXX (Unicode character description). To solve this problem, open the .tex file in MikTeX, “Save as Copy…” and before clicking “Save”, select the correct (probably UTF-8) character set below. Now replace the new file (the copy) with the original one. It should work now.
Beside Google, the best and most useful tool I came across since using the computer is Detexify. The internet is overloaded with links to this site, but I had to blog it anyway. The tool itself generates a list of all similar latex symbol to your online handwritten one.
Tags: LaTeX, symbols, tool, online, TeX, math, typography
However, if LaTeX wouldn’t be that out-of-date, would be more accessible and does not have such a bad MS Windows support, I would actually recommend it to anyone.
5 days ago, I got the Thinkpad x201 via u:book. Time for a short review.
First of all, I have to point out: For me, it was the best decision since 3 years to buy this netbook. I can get information from the internet quickly and work at the university. The size (12”) is perfect for the tables here. The netbook itself is very handy and robust. I also love those quiet laptop keyboards. In short: I’m very happy with it.
- The connectivity switch is awesome and simple to use.
- I don’t have very good benchmarks, but Fedora is running very smooth here.
- The anti-glare display is very good. I can also do things when the sun is shining at the display.
- The battery lasts for about 6 hours when used heavily all the time.
- Webcam, keyboard light and the fingerprint reader are NiceToHaves 🙂
- At the beginning, it was very difficult to plugin USB sticks. Maybe it’s some kind of worn out now, but it’s not *that* difficult any longer. On the other hand, the USB sticks will not jump out of the slot themselves.
- The builtin audio boxes is really bad. It’s not even usable for simple, quiet music listening. But they work and as an alternative, plug in your headset.
- Never pour oil or grease over your laptop. The surface is very hard to clean (but awesome in all other situations)
I have to admit, that I did not get the fingerprint reader up and running here at Fedora yet.
Welcome to my team, Thinkpad Lenovo x201 🙂
Prozessor: Intel Dual-Core i5-540M 2.53 GHz
500GB Festplatte mit 7200 rpm
4 GB RAM-Riegel
Batterie mit 9 Zellen bis zu 11,3 Stunden
12.1” Monitor mit Anti-Glare
1x VGA, 3x USB 2.0, PCMCIA-Slot
CardReader, Mikro, Webcam 2.0MP fixer Fokus
Trackpad, Mouse-Stick, Trackpad-Tasten, Fingerprintreader
kein Betriebsystem vorinstalliert
Mit 1.6kg wirklich leicht und für den Unialltag sehr gut tauglich 🙂
- “Larry Page and Sergej Brin are both college dropouts.”
[I’ve watched Larry Page’s University of Michigan commencement add. So I was sure Larry wasn’t]
- “For each mistake, you find in Knuth’s works, you will receive 10 dollars.”
[Nope. The amount of money has a hexadecimal background. See Knuth reward check]
- “GCC is the GNU C Compiler.”
[It was renamed to GNU Compiler Collection due to GCC’s ability to compile Ada, ASM, … source codes]
- “search.wikia.com is a search engine.”
[It was shut down at 31th of March 2009]
- “TeX’s version number is Pi.”
[Knuth is not dead.]
Yep, I am very much into all that cultural-historical stuff.